RetailChurch is a new concept to a far overdue situation. Here in the US, 60% of the jobs are occupied by retail. In retail we are forced to work during “typical” church hours. Why hasn’t anyone created a solution for that?
Those of us that have been led to initiate RetailChurch have been in retail for a combined 30+ years. For most of those years we haven’t been able to attend any church on a regular basis due to our retail schedules.
By Christ’s example, He traveled throughout the land to minister and speak to others. He wasn’t settled in one place. He asked others to, “take up your cross and follow me.” Retail church has taken up the cross and will follow Christ, to the ends of the Earth. For right now that means that we will have a church that goes to the doors of its people.
Who are we:
- Retail employees that are frustrated with our work schedules.
- Family men and women that are thirsting to have a deeper relationship with the Almighty God of our universe, Jesus Christ.
- Servants to the calling, “…go and make disciples of all nations,” (Matt 28:19) starting with our own.
- Your neighbors, co-workers, family and friends.
What are we:
- A community trying to bridge the gap in work and fellowship with other believers.
- A traveling, moving, breathing extension of Christ’s example to go to the flock.
- Free from sin by Christ and through Christ alone.
- A social network to connect people with a church, for their changing schedule.
- A compilation of churches that see a need to serve others and have a desire to reach others for Christ’s Kingdom.
What we are not:
- An actual church- We don’t have a building, pastor or staff.
- Seeker sensitive- We do believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to receive eternal life.
- Shy about worshipping, praying and sharing with others in public.